Sunday, August 7, 2016

Come What May

If my ferns get much bigger, the UPS driver won't be able to find my door!


We decided to drive over to Asheville, NC, for a late lunch/early dinner yesterday.



We shared a vegan Reuben and the hummus trio appetizer at The Laughing Seed. We love to eat there!



Mr. Mickey is always snapping photos.


As we walked out onto Wall Street, people were running by in white dresses. Lots of them! You never know what might be going on in the town of Asheville. We know to expect anything!



We learned from one of the runners that this was a wedding party beer scavenger hunt game. Running through downtown Asheville in ninety-degree heat in a white dress, searching for clues about where the beer is? This couple has some excellent friends!






For an afternoon in Asheville, I wore an old black Portofino blouse from Express a couple of summers ago. The white pants are from White House|Black Market. I learned years ago to buy my white pants very early in the season because they sell out fast. The bag is old by BCBG via T.J.Maxx. The Sam Edelman sandals are from earlier this year. The earrings are old from Chico's. The sunglasses are by Dolce & Gabbana.


We celebrate every little milestone of life, so happy ten years and five months of being my date, Mr. Mickey!

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

Another great look Susan - simple yet elegant.

Unknown said...

Like this look.You look nice Susan.

Unknown said...

I love my portofino blouses...I have several and wear them often thanks to you mentioning them in a post...A great "elegant casual" look...

Anonymous said...

Susan,

You look absolutely amazing. Your hair, accessories and outfit are perfect on this warm summer day. What a treat for your readers that you share your wisdom and guidance! Many thanks!!

Denise

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love the adventures that you share with us --- you and Mr. Mickey make a grand pair.

Prairie Poulet said...

I love those spontaneous moments in life. I can't say that I've ever seen a wedding beer scavenger hunt where everyone wore white dresses. You never know what fun you'll find from a spur-of-the-moment dinner out! Thanks for sharing, and keep on having fun, you two.

rhonda's escape said...

Love the Hair cut!!!!!

rhonda's escape said...

Love the hair cut!!!!

Unknown said...

Mazel tov to you and Mr. Mickey!👏❤️

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

I like your simple, relaxed look, Susan!