Thursday, June 16, 2016

Comfy?

I enjoy discovering new lines to share with you.



I had never worn pieces from the Comfy line until Purple Poppy recently sent me this top. The tunic is very much in keeping with my style. The striped knit fabric is designed to flatter the waistline and flow softly across your curves.


I am wearing the tunic with Renaur cigarette leg ankle pants, which are also from Purple Poppy.






The sandals are old by Ralph Lauren. The bag is old by Nine West. The sunglasses are by Balmain via Saks Off 5th.




When I wear these long tunics, I pair them with pants that pull on, which means there are no loops, buttons, or zippers to create lumps and bumps under the smooth fabric. A great foundation is also imperative with smooth-fitting tops like this one. The Ultimate Shapeez bra is the coolest and most comfortable option I have found, and it gives you a nice smooth line under your clothes.


This type of look can be worn for business casual, out to lunch with friends, or anytime you want to look appropriate but not too dressed up. Accessories can be used to change the look and attitude to something more dressy. You could also wear this top with sleek black trousers and black heels. Add a turquoise necklace and bag to create an entirely different look. I love the versatility of neutral pieces!

10 comments:

Susan B said...

Love that top, Susan! The pattern of the stripes that points in at the waistline is a nice detail.

Patty Marker said...

Such a fun updated look. Love this!

LoriM said...

I just LOVE this look!!

Unknown said...

Really like this top. Looks very flattering.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great.

Anonymous said...

Lovely top. So frustrating that they don't ship to UK. Sheila, Northampton UK

Unknown said...

It is a lovely top on you! Will check out the foundation pieces. Those are crucial to a nice flattering look.😍

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful fit , look and outfit -Paul

Ellen said...

I love the Comfy line and have a couple of tunics. I like that they are flowy and not clingy but still have shaping to them!

Niomi said...

Hi Susan, I think the lines of this top are flattering and I own this brand in my own closet, but I wish they did a v-neck. The more I stare at this top it looks a bit childish (?) If that makes sense. I would probably still buy it for the color and the seaming detail though but would wish the neckline were more mature looking. Otherwise I would have to disguise it with a complimentary scarf. It is flattering in every way otherwise.