Friday, May 20, 2016

Blush With Jeans

My favorite Bank President is retiring today.


Our dear friend, Harvey Mitchell, is retiring after 40 years of service in banking within our community.


Mr. Mickey let me know he would come by to pick me up in five minutes to attend the reception in Harvey's honor. Really?

I stopped what I was doing and put on my blush colored jacket from White House Black Market and a pair of many years old heels. Seriously, those shoes by Anne Klein are at least ten years old. 

No time to think about what you are going to wear? There is an art to being able to throw yourself together at a moment's notice. It is a skill I have learned over time. Thank goodness for Pantene dry shampoo!

The super-comfortable dark wash jeans are by Fabrizio Gianni

The tank top is by Clara Sunwoo (love!) from ShopMyFairLady. If you want something shown on their site and sold out, they will be happy to backorder it for you. Just email them or call the number on their website. My best friend, Mitzi, and I order from them often. They are always so accommodating. 

The vintage brooch embellished leather cuff is by Made in the Deep South, and it is from my sweet friend Myra's fabulous boutique, The Charlemont.

8 comments:

Jan Maier said...

Sure wish I was going to Hilton Head. Enjoy!

Catia from Leuli said...

You look stunning and I am with you, the blush blazer looks so much better with a jeans! I wish a lot of success for your talk.

Kristien62 said...

I just love blush and you look fantastic in it. Hope Hilton Head is fun. I've never been, but maybe next winter.

Vicky said...

Another great look with the blush blazer. It is very flattering in cut and color.

Canuck-Girl said...

Hi Susan; I have told you before how much I love this jacket on you and I am so happy to see you are getting great occasions to wear it. Will miss you when you are gone!

belinda said...

HOpe you bring us a video of your speech.

Unknown said...

You look great. The color of your jacket looks very nice on you. Enjoy your adventure!

Andrea said...

It's so important to have go-to pieces you know will work to fall back on in a hurry. And, yes, dry shampoo is the best! Looking fabulous as always!