Monday, December 14, 2015

Leather and Lace Jacket

Black leather jackets are fun to wear, and they go with almost anything, but they might be too harsh for your coloring. If you have soft golden coloring or paler colors look better on you, you might enjoy something on the lighter, softer side.


This jacket offers great possibilities for you! The combination of lace cutouts and faux leather makes this the perfect softer look for those who want the edginess of a leather jacket but not the harshness of black.






The sleeveless turtleneck sweater was a gift. The ankle jeans are from Chico's. The shoes are by Halogen via Nordstrom. The bag is by Cole Hann via T.J.Maxx.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Love this look. I am one of those people who never wear black. It's nice to see some alternatives.

KimM said...

Great post - I LOVE black.....though this jacket looks great on you. And LOVE those shoes!
xxx

Jan Maier said...

Actually I probably wear more black than I should. It looks fine with my coloring and is classic, but is kind of boring. I think I'm a candidate for this jacket!! :-)

Silverchicc said...

This color looks great on you. I never stray far from the classic back leather jacket. I may of to rethink that after seeing this look.

Jane M said...

So love this look since I too am fair and like to have some "edgy" items that aren't always black. I'm on a lace kick so this is a great version that isn't too precious.

Diane said...

Unlike Mary (previous post) I am one of those women who always wears black! So a very nice alternative.

The different textures in the jacket, bag and shoes really adds a lot of visual interest to a neutral color, (that could be kind of boring without all the different textures), making it a very "put together" look.

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

LOVE the jacket! Just found your blog yesterday and look forward to following from now on.

Elaine @ Following Augustine

Beckey said...

I adore the lace look cutouts in this jacket! Such a nice feminine touch to the leather.