Sunday, November 29, 2015

Eiffel Tower Graphic Top

I rarely wear prints, but I couldn't resist this Eiffel Tower graphic top. It's my way of saying, "I love you, Paris!"


This top is made from luxurious poly spandex knit that is very comfortable. There are subtly placed tiny rhinestones on the front. The design covers the front and the back. It has three-quarter length dolman sleeves, so I will be wearing it almost year-round.



I paired the top with a cashmere cardigan from J.Jill and slim-fitting dark wash jeans from Fabrizio Gianni. The boots are very old by Nine West. The bag is by Zac Posen via Saks Off 5th.


Since we were going to a casual brunch at the Grove Park Inn, this was the perfect look for our full day of leisure.
 

I couldn't resist asking this beautiful grandmother if I could take her picture. She wore the perfect look for a day with her family, admiring the gingerbread houses and Christmas trees on display throughout the resort.


Sitting in front of one of the Great Hall's fireplaces at the Omni Grove Park Inn is such a pleasure when the weather turns cold.





The holidays are now in full swing! There are decorations everywhere you look.



Many of you have written to ask how I can eat out so often and not gain weight. Yesterday, I loaded my first plate with every salad and grilled vegetable that was offered. The next plate was a tiny taste of each item I wanted to try. Baked mac and cheese is one of my favorite foods ever! I tasted all the things I love, but I didn't stuff myself with a whole plate full of decadence. I didn't even gain an ounce from our weekend splurge. (I also didn't eat anything later in the day after our wonderful afternoon brunch.)

I use mindful eating and discipline rather than being deprived of the things I enjoy as techniques to control my weight. A great coach once said, "Your attitude is always the most important part of the game of life."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fab in the print!! and of course the cashmere sweater really sets it off. Always hope to get to GrovePark Inn someday!

emmapeelDallas said...

Thank you, Susan, for continuing to inspire all of us! As usual, you look terrific and your suggestions on food are very helpful. I'm thankful for your terrific blog, and your willingness to share your journey.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I need a big dose of your self discipline. Thanks for inspiring all of us, Susan.