Sunday, August 30, 2015

Shake Rattle and Roll

Whenever we are in Abingdon, VAFoxglove Antiques is one of the first places I visit.




There are so many items here for the home and garden that make my heart sing.




I am visiting with Karen McClanahan, the beautiful owner of the shop. I only purchased a couple of books today. After downsizing a few years ago, I now have to curtail my purchases. Otherwise, I would have needed a truck today.



As Karen and I were chatting, another store owner popped in, and the conversation turned to shoes.




All of the items offered at Foxglove Antiques are top-notch and include many periods and styles. It is such a pleasure to see all of the elegant pieces. 







My look today includes a silver necklace and a long cardigan in silver and white from Chico's. The jeggings are from Ann Taylor. The tank is by Peck & Peck from Stein Mart. The bag is from Express. The sandals are by BCBG from Macy's. The sunglasses are by Tommy Hilfiger from T.J.Maxx.




We were in Abingdon to attend "Shake Rattle and Roll" at the Barter Theatre. This show is a fabulous tribute to Elvis Presley by Scot Bruce and his extremely talented musicians. This was such a great performance! It was a packed house, and everyone had such a good time.  Scot did an awesome and respectful tribute that was funny at times but brought tears to my eyes at others. Just as Elvis did so many years ago, I saw him perform with my girlfriends as a teen in the seventies.




We attended the matinĂ©e performance of "Shake Rattle and Roll" and later had a wonderful dinner at Figaredos Bistro on Main Street.

No comments: