Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Splendid Day

September is right around the corner, but our weather is already turning much cooler. Bring out the jackets!

 


Mr. Mickey and I took a drive up to Blowing Rock, North Carolina, to do some shopping and have lunch at the Six Pence Pub. We love their vegetarian black bean nachos. 






The flowers in the park draw the most beautiful butterflies, which have my attention below.







Today I wore white jeans and a silver tank from Chico's. The biker-inspired jacket is old from Stein Mart. The necklace is by Erica Lyons from Belk. The shoes are by Ralph Lauren from Dillard's. The bag is from Express.













I also stopped visiting my favorite guys at Finely House Couture, where Mr. Mickey bought the crystal and silver hoops for me. This clutch by Lilly Pulitzer got my attention immediately.








I love shopping in this little pedestrian alley off of Main Street. There are lots of flowers and benches to take a break on.




We took a drive north on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a change of scenery. We landed here at the beautiful Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia. Wild ponies roam free here, but we didn't see any during our stay.

No comments: