Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday in Asheville

We often drive across the mountains to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon in Asheville.


On this day, I wore a metallic gold open-weave cardigan with a white tank and a long necklace from Chico's. The khaki jeans are from T.J.Maxx. The bag is from the Coach Outlet. The shoes are from Shoe Carnival.


We love the mountains' scenic views along the Interstate 26 drive, even on a cloudy day.




Sidewalk cafés abound in Asheville. We enjoy strolling through galleries and shops and then stopping for a while in a café to watch people and listen to the street performers who are often really good. 




Many people bring their dogs along, so there are often doggie dishes outside the cafés and shops.







Later in the day, we couldn't resist the wonderful chocolate truffles at The Chocolate Fetish. One for you... one for me...



"I started playing dress-up when I was three, and it will continue until I can no longer buckle my platforms." ... my own quote. Mr. Mickey said I should share it with you.



The rain started to fall after six o'clock, so we made our way back to the parking garage after another lovely afternoon in Asheville.



While we were shopping at Dillard's today, I found a fabulous pair of white boyfriend jeans made by KUT. Do you know of them? This is my first pair of both boyfriend style jeans and the brand KUT. I will share them in a later post. 

I never wear white pants on a rainy day because the water spots on the back of the legs caused by walking on wet sidewalks often cause permanent stains.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I have really been enjoying your posts this week, but for another reason. My husband & I own a cabin in the mountains near Wayneville/Maggie Valley. We are headed up there July 3 for a getaway. We are planning a picnic on the Parkway. I am beside myself with anticipation! Hoping to call it 'HOME' again soon!!! Enjoy! It's God's country up there!!!

TJ said...

I love KUT jeans! I stumbled upon a pair at Nordstrom Rack and have been going to this brand ever since. They're pricey but the fit and quality mean they're definitely worth it.

Donna said...

I love the quote! Mr Mickey was right...you needed to share that with your readers. Lord ha' mercy, I would tip over in the shoes but I like them on you. Looking forward to the KUT jeans post.

Anonymous said...

Ladies, give The Loft jeans a try, they are amazing, and always on sale. They stretch, but don't stretch out, buy them a tad snug. You will love them. Ps. Susan you look adorable, you have a super sweet blog, I love to see the places you go.

Claudia Schmidt said...

I love your blog and I am happy to say that you've inspired me to go out and get a pair of white jeans for the summer (got them on sale at Talbot's) which I wore to dinner with my husband on Saturday night with a black Banana Republic top, a long silver necklace and earrings and flat black sandals (I wore flats only 'cause we were walking to the restaurant and I didn't want to wear heels for the walk). They looked awesome and I appreciate your blog showing me how to pull the look off!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Ashville looks like a fun place, Susan. I love the color of your outfit today and those jeans are amazing. I am going to go online and check out KUT...not familiar with them. Have a wonderful week!

cprewitt said...

Yes, I found KUT shorts and capris (both white) at Marshall's. They're my current summer favorites because they look and fit so nice...and I got a really good deal by shopping at Marshall's!

sharon said...

I have only been to Asheville once, but your pictures have me wanting to go back! I love your shoes!