Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Family Gathering

For a very casual gathering of extended family, I wore jeans and a long-sleeve tee.


The tee, jeans, and necklace are all from Chico's. The boiled wool jacket is from Appleseed's. 


The Coach bag was purchased at their outlet store in Blowing Rock, North Carolina, last summer. The shoes are from Macy's, and they are worn with beige Hanes pantyhose from Target.


The gathering was hosted by my beautiful cousin Rhonda in her fabulous new home by the lake. My mother and I enjoyed watching the gulls and blue herons and geese from the huge windows that offer a panoramic view of the lake. 

Mickey and I had to stop on the road leading away from their home to wait for about forty whitetail deer of all ages and sizes to pass in front of and around us. I was thrilled to be part of that surreal scene.

I hope your new year is filled with happiness and great style.

8 comments:

Canuck-Girl said...

This is another great outfit for what sounds like a fabulous, relaxed day. And how lucky you are to still have your mother with you. Enjoy your New Year celebrations and then on to a new year and new adventures. Wishing you and Mr. Mickey all the best 2014 has to offer.

Cathryn said...

Thank you, Susan, for educating me (and your other blog readers) regarding affordable, elegant outfits. You have shown me that a timeless, classic look doesn't have to be outrageously expensive, and that simplicity is truly elegance.

Donna said...

Simplicity is truly elegance, and chic, I might add. I have simplified some of my outfits after studying what you wear for various occasions. You are indeed fortunate to have your mother with you. Cousin Rhoda does have a lovely home. Thanks for sharing the story about the deer..quite a sight.

meriusa said...

The same sweet smile on you Susan and your cousin . How beautiful she has decorated her new home !
I am delighted in the picture of the birds on the lake and the deer on the road around the car .
Have a nice new year s Eve !

Antionette Blake said...

A very nice casual outfit - perfect for the winter weather - Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

You look fantastic:) i love it
Happy New Year kisses Beata

Patti said...

Simple, elegant and lovely, Susan. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

This color looks amazing on your Susan and I love the shoes! I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Celebration...and keep that beautiful smile going...it is your best accessory! Happy New Year!