Saturday, August 10, 2013

Friday Date Night

Black and white with a pop of red continues to be a favorite combination.



The statement necklace is enough all on its own, so my earrings and ring are small. Turning up your collar and wearing three quarters or turned up sleeves helps make you look taller and slimmer. I always wear a platform or higher block heel shoe with cropped or ankle pants to make my legs look longer than they are.



The lightweight jacket and tank are from Chico's. The pants were from Coldwater Creek last year. The necklace was a gift from Mr. Mickey. The shoes are BCBGeneration from last year. The clutch is Kenneth Cole Reaction via T.J.Maxx from last year.

13 comments:

Galilea said...

Lovely. I'm not 50 yet, but trying to start looking better so that when i get there, i have a chance at not looking frumpy ;)

Galilea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Galilea said...

Lovely;

Galilea said...

Lovely

dee dee said...

Nice outfit, as usual. LOVE the necklace (and, of course, the Chico's jacket)

Donna said...

Love it! One thing I notice about your clothes: they all fit just right, no pulling, no gaps, no bagginess. Proper fit makes all the difference.

Maggie said...

Love the outfit, especially the shoes!

Unknown said...

I love those cropped pants.

Annie O. said...

Susan, I love your combos but I cannot wear the long necklaces with my substantial chest proportions. Do you think statement earrings would work as well?

BTC said...

Another stylish outfit [not surprisingly]. Many times when you post an outfit, I smack my head in realization that I have all the pieces (or similar pieces) to make the same outfit, but just needed to see you put it together. You are awakening my sense of style.
Betsy

Meriusa said...

"Friday date night" ,what a promising title !Your outfit looks appropriately comfy, and chic .I agree with the comment about your clothes "Proper fit makes all the difference."

Thank you for the tip of turning up the collar and the sleeves to show length and slimness.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a close-up of the necklace! I like the red with black/white pieces.

Bally Chohan said...

Yeah, Black and White is always a great combination pair for the simple and attractive fashion.