Monday, July 1, 2013

Shopping Tips

If you have cool summer coloring, this is a great time to shop the sales.



Sweet Mr. Mickey took me down to Sevierville to shop in the huge Tangier Outlet Mall on Saturday. 



This is the palette of colors that look best with my own coloring. These colors are most often sold in the summer months, so that is when I do the bulk of my shopping for clothes. I dress in lightweight layers for most of the year, so this formula works for me.

Do you study your own coloring to guide you in finding what looks best on you? There are now several different programs that help you to identify your best colors, such as the original Color Me Beautiful system. Do a Google search for color analysis, and you will get several results. Knowing exactly what colors look best on you makes shopping and getting dressed so much easier.




Earlier last week, I found this Coach bag at the outlet in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. It was priced at $428, but after the sale and another discount they offered that day, I got it for $119.99! I like this bag because it is a smaller size and a neutral color. I also like it because the logo is so small. I do not care for items emblazoned with logos. 




The sandals are by Bjorndal from Rack Room Shoes. I found these on the same shopping trip.
   

 
The dress is by Dana Buchman from Khol's.

As the temperatures have started to climb into the 90's I am embracing low sandals with lightweight sleeveless dresses. I did take a navy blue shrug sweater and higher heeled neutral sandals to wear to dinner on Saturday, but it was never cool enough to require the shrug.

12 comments:

mary said...

oh my goodness---you are so brave to go to Tanger Malls on a summer Saturday!! The traffic! I live in Nashville now, but lived in Knoxville for years and enjoyed going there seasonally to shop.I enjoy your blog and all the photos of beautiful upper East TN---miss it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures on your blog. I love your dress.

Unknown said...

A close friend worked for "color me Beautiful" for years and we became the color police! I still am guided by the color schemes; I am more of a warm color person.
Love to hear someone who still understands the concepts! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my first post to you. I had my colours done with Colour Me Beautiful some years ago and am now going to be putting them into place, I'm losing weight and am going to need a whole new wardrobe. Please check my new blog, only just started, but you have been my inspiration :)

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

you're a terrific and tireless shopper, my friend! Lovely dress, and thanks for sharing all the fun with Visible Monday.

dee dee said...

Love all the super duper helpful hints you slide into your posts. Keep up the good work.

-- shop during the summer for specific colors

-- shop at outlet malls with coupons/sales

-- always take a cardi/shrug just in case the weather changes a bit.

-- keep extra shoes handy, in case you have to change for a special event.

-- etc.

In essence, I just love reading your blog.

Donna said...

Good haul! My color swatches are the same as yours so all your outfits fit right into my color scheme. Your carefully edited ensembles provide lots of inspiration.

meriusa said...

I was thinking black were the most
suitable color to gray hair. Thank you for showing us your palette of colors.
How right ! I don't like wearing logos too. !
"Sometimes comfort takes precedence over looking your best" This is a wise sentence ,applied especially to shoes .
Thank you for sharing your shopping Saturday .

Kristien62 said...

I used to be an autumn. Now, since I have changed my hair to a shade of blonde (used to be dark brown) and my skin has aged, I don't know what I am. Maybe it's time to have the colors done again. Thanks for reminding me,

Anonymous said...

You missed out the vital information! What did you buy in Chico's!!!!!I am so curious.

Susan said...

On my second trip to Chico's I bought two jackets and a shirt.

Adrienne said...

The first thing I did to treat myself when I retired was to get my colors done.
That was two years ago and I have never regretted it. Now most of my clothing 'goes'.
I have gone to a Tangiers outlet somewhere near South Carolina off of I95 and found some great buys there too. I like what you bought it flatters you very nicely.