Thursday, June 20, 2013

Black and White for Date Night

After a long very stressful day of work, there is nothing better than sitting down to share a meal and the comfort of your best friend. 


Mr. Mickey and I had a lovely dinner in our favorite restaurant and then moved outside to the patio to have a scotch and water and enjoy the perfect weather. A lovely twenty-something woman waved excitedly when she saw me from across the patio. I racked my brain for several minutes, trying to figure out who she was but decided she must have confused me for someone else. Mickey always makes me laugh. He said, "She must recognize you from Redbook."


This top is no less than five years old. I think I found it at T.J.Maxx. The pants were hand-me-downs from my sister. The shoes are a couple of years old from Kohl's.


The bracelet, earrings, and ring are all in silver tones. The small leather clutch bag is from T.J.Maxx. 



9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a lovely top.

Betty said...

Your lovely outfits & styling tips are always such an inspiration! I enjoy your Facebook & Polyvore pages as well as your blog.

A Lovely Inconsequence said...

You look beautiful even if you had a stressful day! And I am so enjoying your polyvore and finding summer inspiration there. Thank you!

Donna said...

Lovely outfit...understated casual elegance... What a wonderful way to unwind...

Unknown said...

Susan, I love your blog and read every one. I have a question for my husband: what type of hat should a 64 year old bald man wear? I don't like baseball caps, but I don't want him to have sun on his head. I'm referring to occasions when we are out on a weekend walking in and out of shops and stopping at sidewalk cafes. Any suggestions?




Unknown said...

Susan, I love your blog and read every one. I have a question about men's fashion. My husband is 64 years old and bald. He needs to wear a hat when we are out on the weekend walking around shops and stopping at cafes. I hate baseball caps, but I don't want him to get sun on his head. Any suggestions?

dee dee said...

Love, love Black and white. My all-time standby.

Susan said...

Thank you sweet friends for your kind comments. You will never know how much it means to me.

Connie Challingsworth, I will post a few men's hat suggestions on Facebook. (I love hats but not baseball caps.) Hugs!

meriusa said...

Thank you for estimating our comments. I love to comment your beautiful outfits like this white black combination at a pleasant evening atmosphere.