Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Savvy Shopper has Brunch

The Blackthorn Club is a great place to have Sunday Brunch.


Today Mr. Mickey took me to brunch. I thought it would be fun to see if I could put together a nice outfit that cost me less than $100.

I love to go shopping during the end of season sales. Sometimes I find treasures mixed in with the shopworn sparkly fake fur spandex things hanging there too.

The black knit pencil skirt is old from T.J. Maxx ($16.99). The jacket and tank top are from the current Red Dot Clearance rack from Stein Mart. I had a coupon that gave me an extra 50% off, so the jacket was $17.49, and the tank top was $3.47!
 


The necklace and ring were gifts from Mickey.



The leather (like) clutch is old from T.J. Maxx, $12.99.




The suede and snakeskin shoes are from the current clearance sale at Belk $23.99.



Total cost for the whole outfit, including the $8.50 Hanes pantyhose ...
$83.43!

Thank you for reading. 
I hope you find some great bargains this week!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in a quandry that perhaps you can answer. When are panty hose appropriate? No one in Florida seems to wear them, but I am not thrilled with the look of bare legs with nice outfits.

Lovely outfit.

Susan said...

I published a post a couple of days ago on legwear. Look for "Nice Legs" from February 16th. I always wear hose with a dress unless it's a mid calf or maxi dress in summer with sandals.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Susan, I think you and I would have so much fun shopping together!! I also love end of season shopping and treasures. You look stunning in this color of blue and this is a perfect look for Sunday brunch. Have a wonderful Monday!

Patti said...

Great shopping, Susan - I can't believe the fabulous bargain on those shoes - they look like $$$$. Thanks so much for sharing your great look with Visible Monday.

Anonymous said...

You always look fabulous. How do you stay so slim as you seem to dine out quite a bit. Nora

Susan said...

Thank you Nora. Please click on the Recipes link above. Those are the meals I normally eat everyday. When I go out to eat I share with Mickey or just order a salad and a glass of wine.

josep-maria badia said...

A lovely outfit, of great elegance. I love the jacket, the color and pattern. The shoes are wonderful. A very beautiful look.

Camille said...

You look great - love the turquoise on you. I have those shoes! In black. Every time I come to your blog I want to go shopping LOL

gracefully50 said...

You are SO classy! Love your elegant look and all for less than $100!!!
Those heels are ....wowza!

Anonymous said...

I have just found your blog. You are the nearest to my age that I have found. I am 57. I look forward to reading many more of your entertaining and informative articles. You have a great collection of shoes and handbags.

Sheila, Northampton, England

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. You look fabulous in this outfit! The colour is stunning on you. Also, the shoes are to die for. Well done; thanks for all the tips!

Unknown said...

It doesn't get any better than this. You are just stunning!! The colors are perfect w/ your gorgeous hair color!

Anonymous said...

SCORE! You look so fabulous and pulled together . . . and with such grand shopping! Thanks for sharing!

online affordable shopping said...

Gorgeous! I love the shoes. :)