Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Sunny Sunday

Mickey and I often take a drive over the mountains to Asheville, North Carolina. It's only about an hour from my house but there's much to see and do there.

 

We walked around that corner behind me and into the artist-owned Mystic Masala Gallery where I found a great necklace.




Many of the buildings in Asheville have an Art Deco design. This is the Flatiron Building and in front of it is this sculpture of an iron...


 
  
I'm wearing the new necklace here. The pants are Peck & Peck from Stein Mart. The denim blazer is old from Dillard's. The red long sleeve tee is from Talbots. The red bag is by Tahari and the booties are by Madden Girl.


  
On almost every corner there is a street performer.



This lady sounded so much like Tracy Chapman. 
They were all really good!



The Early Girl Eatery on Wall Street was made famous when Rachel Ray did a segment of one of her shows here. We also had a great meal there today!



Your table is ready! (Mickey's piano keys scarf was the hit of the day. He got lots of compliments!)


We can never be this close to The Chocolate Fetish without stopping in for dessert.




 Awesome truffles to share!

10 comments:

Lynne in NC said...

You recently shared your eating plan through the delicious looking photograph of your late lunch. I am so grateful for that bit of advice.
What did you eat at The Early Girl Eatery?
I am curious to know how to eat out on the Eat to Live plan.
Thank you for the photo of you and your sweetie. Your new hair cut looks fabulous!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a fun outing...thanks for taking us along. I love your bracelet and boots!!

Susan said...

Thank you Lynne in NC. I had the Reuben made with local tempeh. It was delicious! Mickey had a grilled pimento cheese sandwich which was also fab! When we eat out we look for veggie side dishes or salads to order. For us it's more about people watching, getting out and enjoying the day.

Anonymous said...

Great day! I love Asheville :-)
Suzanne

Patti said...

Wonderful little getaway - you make me want to visit Asheville asap. Your new silver necklace looks gorgeous, great find! And thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Anonymous said...

Susan! How lovely you look! Always so classy.
Love your new necklace and your hubby's scarf!!
What a nice way to spend your Sunday!

Korfara said...

Thank you for recommending EAT TO LIVE book! I was happy to find the whole book in pdf in internet ,because i live far away (in Greece )
You look fabulous in the new silhouette!.I discovered recently your blog in VISIBLE MONDAY and . It was an inspiration !

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan,
Would you mind asking Mickey if he is OK for donating his amazing scarf to a scarf and music lover? Many thanks in advance to you and him....
Anne Touraine (Playing with Scarves)

silvergirl said...

HI, I just stumbled upon your blog
My oldest son goes to UNCA, we love to visit him from Charlotte
The Early Girl is one of our favorite places to eat
The "crackberry" jam is the best!!
Looks like you had a lovely time and that it was a beautiful day
Brett

Anonymous said...

You always look so amazing. I suspect we are close in age, but I need to take your exercise and eating ideas from last year to heart. What I actually need is some suggestions for short chunky slightly beyond middle aged ladies (that sounds so like I used to think of my mother, God rest her soul!!!